ACWORTH, Ga. - With a team score of 906, Tennessee Wesleyan captured the Appalachian Athletic Conference Championship at Governor's Towne Club by 15 strokes over second-place Union.
TWC fired the low round of the tournament with a 1-over par 289 in Monday afternoon's second round to take the lead into the final round. In the last round of the competition, TWC's 316 was three strokes better than Union's 319 as the Bulldogs pulled away for the win.
Evan Ball was the winner of the individual competition with a 4-over 220. Teammate Josh Wheeler was second with a 224. Reinhardt's Connor Edwards was third (226), with Milligan's Simon Treeby was fourth (227) and SCAD-Atlanta's Gavin Taylor and RU's Kameron Williams were fifth (228).
Mike Poe was named the AAC's Coach of the Year. Deven Broadaway of Truett-McConnell earned AAC Player of the Year after having the lowest total score in all seven rounds of AAC play this year (four rounds in the regular season and the three-round post-season tournament). Bryan was named the AAC Champion of Character team.
1. Tennessee Wesleyan 301-289-316=906
2. Union 303-299-319=921
3. Reinhardt 308-295-325=928
4. Milligan 300-295-336=931
5. Truett-McConnell 317-304-324=945
6. SCAD-Atlanta 313-301-333=947
7. St. Andrews 324-307-324=955
8. Point 328-304-333=965
9. Bryan 325-322-344=991
10. Virginia Intermont 336-325-331=992
11. Montreat 336-327-358-1021
Individual (School) Totals
1. Evan Ball (TWC) 75-70-75=220
2. Josh Wheeler (TWC) 77-69-78=224
3. Connor Edwards (RU) 72-74-80=226
4. Simon Treeby (MC) 80-69-78=227
T5. Kameron Williams (RU) 78-69-81=228
T5. Gavin Taylor (SCAD-ATL) 75-74-79=228