Wardy Polanco of Tennessee Wesleyan has been named the NAIA National Baseball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Polanco was also selected as the AAC Player of the Week. Polanco was selected based on his performances from March 21-27 and was selected from a pool of conference/Association of Independent Institutions award winners. The third players of the week will be announced on April 5.Baseball Player of the Week
Wardy Polanco, Tennessee Wesleyan
5-11, Sr., IF, Haverstraw, N.Y.
• Led the Bulldogs to a 4-1 week.
• Hit .450 (9-for-20) from the plate and slugged 1.300 in the five games.
• Had a career day on March 23, as he went 3-for-4 from the plate with six RBIs, four runs scored and three home runs – ranks No. 10 in the NAIA with 10 home runs. He also drew a walk and added a stolen base.
• For the week, he hit a total of five home runs, two doubles, 12 RBIs, eight runs scored, two walks and one stolen base.
• This is his first career national player of the week award.