Tyler Thornton and Cody Stroud were named as the AAC Pitcher and Player of the Week, respectively, the league announced Monday. Thornton pitched a no hitter on Saturday against Bluefield College. Cody Stroud helped the Bulldogs go 4-0 for the week with a win over #1 Georgia Gwinnett and three wins over Bluefield College.
This is the seventh weekly edition of the awards for 2015-16. The next set of honors will be announced on April 18.
AAC Pitcher of the Week
Tyler Thornton - Tennessee Wesleyan - Jr. - Greenville, S.C.
- Threw a no-hitter in a 2-0 win versus Bluefield.
- Walked only 1 while striking out 5.
- Is 3-0 with a 3.71 ERA.
- Has 29 strikeouts in 26 2/3 innings pitched.
AAC Player of the Week
Cody Stroud -Tennessee Wesleyan - Sr. - 1st base- Cedar Hill, TN
- Batted .545 on the week with 3 RBIs in helping Tennessee Wesleyan to a 4-0 record on the week.
- Had 2 doubles and 4 runs scored as well.
- Walked 3 times.
- Had a .727 slugging percentage for the week.
- Owns a .300 average with 3 home runs and 13 RBIs.