- Cross Country
The Champions of Character Scorecard measures each NAIA Institution's commitment to Champions of Character in five key areas. Institutions can earn points in each key area up to a maximum of 100 total points. All institutions scoring 60 or more total points will be named Five Star Champions of Character Institutions.
In an effort to continue being a Five Star Institution the Student-Athletes have decided to do many projects throughout the school year to benefit not only the school but also the community. Through the help of representatives from each sport, activities have been decided and responsibilities have been designated, but help for the activities will come from all athletes on the campus.
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics' Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution Tennessee Wesleyan has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program.
• Professional development for coaches, athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course.
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program's implementation by both Tennessee Wesleyan and the NAIA.